Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Uncle!

OK. I get it. I'll stop. I'll listen now. I'm a beginner marathoner and I should be doing beginner marathoner training.
I got hurt again on my long run last week. Yea, the one below. Actually, I think I hurt myself the prior week, but thought it was just innocent soreness, so I just ran through it. I did feel like junk all week so we had actually already decided to cut it down to 13.5.
Its pain in the back of my knee, on both of the tendons on the outside. About 10 miles into the 13.5, I started feeling a shooting pain on every third step. It continued until eventually all 3 of the friends I was running with demanded we stop because my form was all screwed up and I was yelping every few seconds.
Since then it has gotten a bit better but it is still bad enough that I have needed to take Ibuprofen to help with the pain even when I'm not running.
The best part is that I'm now 1 week away from a 1/2 marathon and I'm junk. All my friends are peaking right now and I'm junk. I hate it.
But I'll get through it. All you can do is RICE constantly, reassess your training, and give it your best without making things worse. Thats a fine line and much easier said than done.

No comments:

Post a Comment