Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Running Withdrawls

I haven't run now for 10 days, and I can't take it. Running has become such a big part of my life, it is almost part of my daily routine. I feel like I haven't brushed my teeth!
There are different philosophies out there on proper race/marathon recovery, but I made a decision beforehand that I (or rather, my joints) needed a good chance to heal up before I begin the highest intensity training I've done yet. After all, I started training for my first 1/2 in March 2010, and haven't given myself more than a week rest at any point since then, not even in the winter.
My knees still hurt when I walk up and down stairs. I need to stick with my plan.
The funny thing is that I've been doing other types of workouts plenty. I've been lifting weights and hiking, and will be going on a nice, long, 4 day hike starting this sunday. Its not like I'm going to get out of shape. But it just doesn't feel right. Running is such an efficient and easy way for me to burn tons of calories, that I've come to rely on it.
Like all addicts, I'll just have to survive through this until the next fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment