Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Race Preparation


I happen to have the benefit of being very good friends with a sports-focused physical therapist. He related my injury to Curt Schilling's bloody sock thing. Check this wikipedia article out to learn more.
I don't think it's torn yet but the pain is the same. What my buddy Mike says is that it could turn into a tear if I continue to run the same way. I may not be running exactly right even though I'm a pretty functional runner. I'll deal with that after the race tomorrow.
Anyway, he gave me some comforting race preparation advice. Ice it and warm it and ice it again, both tonight and just before the race, take four ibuprofens, tape it up (one tip he gave me there was to avoid wrapping around my foot, as this will be bulky and affect performance) then run right through the pain. And stretch my calves a lot.
So I'm doing everything he says and we'll see how it works tomorrow. My plan is to go hard in the mutha f'n paint. But if I can't, I can't, and just finish. But go hard...

No comments:

Post a Comment