Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Training Plan Modified

One thing I've heard from all experienced runners and fitness people is to be flexible in your training. You must be willing to modify your plan up or down based on your experiences. You never know what is going to come up, whether it be an injury, race cancellation, who knows...
I'm still not sure I have a real injury, but I don't want to screw with it and I have the advantage of planning ahead. So I've modified my training based on the time I project I'll need to rest to avoid making it worse and the time I have left. It just so happens that we're exactly 18 weeks away from the race. It just so happens that most of Hal Higdon's stuff is 18 weeks long.
I had originally wanted to start a few weeks in, as my mileage had been built up high enough to support that. But I need a week or two and then I'll be rusty, so this works out perfectly.
My new training plan can be found here.
Once again, you'll notice I've modified it to my specific needs. I'm running a half right in the middle of training, so I moved the 19 mile long run from week 10 to the week before. I should be able to handle that, but if I'm not feeling up to it, I'll cut it back that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment